Big Bike (Over 600cc) Weekends.
Corky loves riding the bigger bikes. The only time you won't find him on a twin cylinder machine is when he's taking part in the Dakar (450cc limit). During the last 3 years he's been on the podium in every international rally he's entered riding the KTM 950's. At the end of the year he will be taking part in his toughest challenge yet - The Africa Eco Race on his self built 950 Rally Machine in the Malle Moto class.
We offer both a weekend for the novice riders as well as a more technically challenging 2 days for the more accomplished riders. As we know the lanes here in the South West extremely well we can adjust the difficulty level on the fly to suit the groups needs. The routes are such that a rider can at any point be directed to the main road quickly where they will be given directions to the evenings accommodation.
What Can I Expect
- Expert Guides - Jon takes part in all local long distance trials and can be found all other weekends discovering the lanes of the South West on his XR650. Corky races his LC8 in international rallies and has taken part in 2 editions of the infamous Dakar Rally.
- 2 Days Riding on lanes to suit the riders abilities. There are over 1,000 lanes in Devon alone.
- Support vehicle which carries your camping gear and personal items to the campsite, and is also on call if there is a mechanical issue or a rider can not continue for any reason.
- Beautiful scenery. The tours take you in and around Dartmoor with plenty of photo opportunities.
- We will never pushed you into a situation that makes you uncomfortable or uneasy. The tours are here for you to enjoy. You can always come back and try the harder lanes another day.
- Due to the nature of rallying/racing we are mechanically quite capable and will always help with any problems. We carry an array of tools with us including tyre levers and a compressor.
- Small groups of 8 riders.
What We Expect From You
- Politeness and respect for others that use the lanes. We will always encounter a horse rider, walkers, children, etc. The lanes are not just for motorcycles.
- We are not interested in racers. We are trail riding.
- That all riders are insured, your bike is road worthy, and you bring the correct riding gear.
What Do I Need
- A good sense of adventure
- A decent set of off road capable tyres. We suggest TKC80's or Mitas E-09's
- Camping gear
- Change of clothes
- Camel Back (preferably 3ltr)
- Spare tubes or plugs
- Basic tools
- A Mug (for your tea)
- B&B on the Friday and Sunday night. Camping and evening meal on the Saturday night. On Sunday morning we provide porridge, tea, and fruit juice.
- A Support Vehicle
- 2 guides
- Water will be provided on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Recovery back to the B&B if needed.
Whats Not Included
The Novice Weekend
This weekend is an introduction to taking the bigger bikes off the tarmac. As mentioned above we tailor the trip according to the groups abilities and needs.
Dates and Price
Novice Edition Big Bike Weekend. 15th - 16th July - £220